Book Review - That's My Story
Author: Vinay Mashalkar
Publisher: Leadstart Publishing
Price: Rs. 145/-
It's February and it's as hard to avoid love in this month as it is to avoid a cheesy pizza.
So, for the people single and looking for their possible soul mates, reading love stories would be the best possible way to get through this month. 'That's My Story' is one such book and here's my review of it-
Back Blurb from the book
- Falling in love is a beautiful feeling. There is an enigma in that feeling, which can take a person to a different world. So many things have been said and written about love, but it still has a mystic charm that attracts people to read more love stories. That’s My Story is one such simple, but beautiful love story of an IT guy named Vikram who works in Bangalore. It talks about his job, his friendship, his booze parties, his frivolous lifestyle and, above all, his love and the emotions that a person goes through when he falls in love. It's a beautiful journey of friendship, love, breakup, destruction, recovery and miracles. Read this book and walk the path of this beautiful journey with Vikram, Meghna, and Aditi.
A regular IT guy's story of how he found the love of her life and the journey of their love.
The story revolves around the life of Vikram, the protagonist, starting from his first job, booze parties, first kiss to the first heartbreak. Amidst the rains in Bangalore, Vikram experiences the 'Love, at first sight' cliché. His journey with the love of his life through all the ups and downs is the main element. Indian conservative family issues force the love birds to succumb to their rigid cobweb and the hero loses control. Overdose of alcohol takes him to rehab. How he recovers is yet another surreal aspect of the story. Enters Aditi- 'The Ideal Woman' cliché. Aditi becomes one of the reasons for Vikram's rainbow smile and what follows will keep you enticed till the end. Vikram's engagement with Aditi is fixed and they are all set to spend their life together hand-in-hand when re-enters Meghna.
Whom does Vikram end up with? What is the story at Meghna's end?
To find out what fate has in store for Vikram, Meghna and Aditi, rush to your nearest bookstore and read the book.
Love is as challenging as it is beautiful. The same has been portrayed in the book in a very simple yet intuitive language.
|Thanks BlogAdda for the book!|
• Surprising ending.
• Short and sweet.
• Interesting anecdotes used.
• Poor writing style. Incomplete sentences. Grammatical and Punctuation errors.
• Clichéd plot. Totally predictable.
• Lacks detailing.
• Too many loopholes in the plot.
About the Author
- Vinay has done his B. Tech in Electronics and Communication and works in the Chip Designing domain. He loves reading books and aspires to become an author. That’s My Story is his first attempt to achieve that dream. He also likes listening to music, watching movies, and documentaries on philosophy. He likes nature and its vivid faces that reflect in the form of beaches, lush green landscapes and mountains.
If I am asked that would I recommend the book to someone based on my personal opinion - I highly doubt the chances of saying a 'YES' until the book is edited appropriately. The book displays the fact that this is the first book of the author and THAT is not a good point to be noted. When I pick a love story to read, I am looking for moments of bliss, pure and deep love. This book is the outer covering of an actual love story. A summary. Undoubtedly, the language is simple and easy to read and comprehend but simple language doesn't sell the book, an exciting, new and interesting plot does which this story lacked. I was disappointed about the book so I decided to talk with author before the review. So, I had a conversation with the Author and I was glad about the way he patiently acknowledged my opinion of the book.
I hope he takes the review as a lesson and shows improvement in his next piece. For now, if you have two hours to cut on a weekend and there is nowhere to go, read this story! :)
This review is a part of the biggest Book Review Program
for Indian Bloggers.
Participate now to get free books!